Albert County Chamber of Commerce
Albert County is getting ready to celebrate, and we want to honor you, your community, your friends and your fellow businesses at our 2020 Business Excellence Event!
You can nominate yourself or someone else!
Deadline is March 4, 2020.
There are two ways to submit: Online form or print form.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHEN IS THE NOMINATION DEADLINE?
Wednesday, March 4th at midnight.
WHY SHOULD I SUBMIT A NOMINATION?
Submitting a nomination is a great way to acknowledge and honor the excellence and success found in Albert County’s local business community and its business and community leaders.
DOES THE NOMINEE HAVE TO BE A CHAMBER MEMBER?
NO! All businesses, organizations, and individuals within Albert County are welcome. (Just a reminder, Albert County is defined as Riverview, Elgin, Hillsborough, Riverside-Albert, and Alma.)
CAN I NOMINATE MY OWN BUSINESS?
YES! Self-nominating yourself or your business is encouraged as it is a great way to recognize and celebrate your success with your team and with the Albert County community as a whole.
CAN I NOMINATE A NOMINEE FOR MORE THAN ONE CATEGORY?
Businesses, organizations, or individuals may be nominated in as many award categories for which they are considered qualified.
HOW DOES THE NOMINATION PROCESS WORK?
- Choose the best award category for the business, organization, or individual you are nominating.
- Please complete and submit the nomination form by Wednesday, March 4th at MIDNIGHT (Nomination Deadline)
- Nominees will be contacted by the Chamber to confirm they accept their nomination. Later, they will be asked to submit bios and photos so they can be profiled as qualified nominees.
- To become a qualified nominee ~ EMAIL or MAIL your completed nomination package to the Chamber by Wednesday, March 4th at MIDNIGHT. (Business Nomination Package Deadline)
Qualified nominees will move forward for the judging process.
HOW DOES THE JUDGING PROCESS WORK?
An independent Review Panel will review and score the qualified nominees’ submitted packages.
- The nomination process allows for the celebration and recognition of deserving businesses, organizations, and individuals.
- Our local businesses, organizations, and entrepreneurs are the backbone of our economy and we would like to encourage everyone to take a minute to show your appreciation and send in a nomination.
WHY BE A NOMINEE?
- The qualified nominees will be profiled by the Chamber and at the Business Excellence Awards event using the submitted nominee bios and pictures.
- Qualified nominees receive social media promotional exposure and industry recognition.
- Being a qualified nominee allows you and your team to celebrate your success and commitment with the local community as a whole.
HOW CAN I SUBMIT AN EFFECTIVE NOMINATION FORM?
- Review the full list of award categories (you may apply in an unlimited number of categories).
- Carefully read the criteria.
- Choose the category that will best showcase your business, organization, or an individual entrepreneur.
HOW CAN A QUALIFIED NOMINEE WRITE AN EFFECTIVE NOMINATION PACKAGE?
- Fill out the nomination package with as much detail as possible within the allotted word count maximum.
- Complete every section.
- Be specific.
- Make sure your answers directly relate to the specific criteria.
- The Judging Committee only considers the information you provide on the nomination form, so pretend that you are writing this for someone who has never heard of yourself or your business. Help us get to know the business, organization, or individual! Tell us why you deserve to be recognized with one of these prestigious awards.
- Win or lose, completing and submitting a nomination package is time well spent. It’s a great opportunity to reflect and celebrate the contributions and successes of your team with your team!
HOW ARE THE FINALISTS AND AWARD RECIPIENTS SELECTED?
All nominations are given out to an independent Review Panel who will review all completed nominations to select the finalists in each category.
Note: All nominations are judged solely on the nomination package submitted by the qualified nominees. Any known community history, special relationships, or previous achievements not included on the nomination form will not be considered.
WHEN ARE THE FINALISTS ANNOUNCED?
The date to announce finalists will be announced shortly
HOW DO I GET TICKETS TO THE EVENT?
Details coming soon!
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE AWARDS EVENT?
Broadleaf – April 18th, 2020. Watch for details!
Hi Friends and Neighbors,
It is our Annual Business Excellence Awards celebration – but bigger! Albert County is 175 years old this year!
And the Albert County Chamber of Commerce and our Tourism Community are asking for your support!
How can you support businesses in your community?
Thank you for asking!
April 18th – BOOK IT in your calendar
Reserve tickets for your entire team … SOOO much fun, food, people and COMMUNITY
Book a Glamping unit at Broadleaf … deals for you if your sponsor
SPONSOR this awesome event – party – celebration
The 2020 Business Excellence Awards celebrate A Walk Through Time……
We are going to celebrate 10 categories of awards, enjoy scrumptious food, connect with our fellow business leaders, enjoy live award-winning musicians from right here in Albert County, and celebrate, celebrate, celebrate!
BOOK IT now … THIS is it ….
And nominate the incredible businesses and community organizations you know!
Thank you for the MANY that have already committed. Media starts next week!!
We are so excited about 2020!
Join the celebration of community with us.
Thank you from our Board for your support,